Most people have heard of the Bucket List, a list of things you want to have achieved before you die. Well there's mine on the right side of the screen. I thought this blog would be a fun way to document each item as I accomplish it, and hear others opinion's on my Bucket List items. If anyone ever finds my little blog, feel free to leave comments, I'd love to hear from you. It would amaze me to have people decided to follow it!

Thursday 13 September 2012

91. Learn To Long Board

I bought my long board in the summer of 2011, but only rode it for a couple weeks.  A year later I still hadn't gone long boarding much; cold weather, and lack of motivation was holding me back.  Well in the spring I became friends with this boy (who is now my boyfriend), and he told me how he would like to learn to long board.  We spent every evening for weeks on end long boarding together this past summer.  I would never been motivated to go on my own; we explored the sidewalks, and streets around my hometown.  My face met the concrete far too many times, but never broke any bones!


Now I have moved to the city, and long boarding is a great way to go to university classes, or (as seen above) to get groceries.  Before it was just a fun ride; now it's a mode of transportation.  Sadly I don't get to ride with my boy friend as much anymore, but I do have a friend who I convinced to start boarding.  I like long boarding because it makes up for snowboarding when there is no snow, and wake boarding when I can't be at the lake.  My only concern with long boarding, is that there isn't really a way to stop when going down a hill...

2 comments: