Most people have heard of the Bucket List, a list of things you want to have achieved before you die. Well there's mine on the right side of the screen. I thought this blog would be a fun way to document each item as I accomplish it, and hear others opinion's on my Bucket List items. If anyone ever finds my little blog, feel free to leave comments, I'd love to hear from you. It would amaze me to have people decided to follow it!

Monday 21 May 2012

1. Try Surfing

Well I finally accomplished my number one item, the item that started the whole bucket list!  Surfing was amazing, a must have on every Bucket List.  This was another item I accomplished in Hawaii, and was probably the highlight of my trip.   I started with taking a two hour lesson with Big Kahuna Adventures Maui, there were two instructors for a group of ten of us, which worked perfectly fine.  They lesson provided each participant with a board, rash guard shirt, and special shoes.  The instructor start with teaching water safety, then how to paddle, and finally how to standup.  After about half an hour we went to the water. The lesson was quiet simple, we would take turns going over to an instructor, wait for a wave to come, and they would give the board a push, normally you would paddle yourself, but being inexperience it is hard to get the speed needed on my own.  After traveling in front of the wave for a few seconds I would pop up from my stomach onto my feet, and ride the wave till I got close to shore, then turn around, and paddle back out to the instructor.  I was extremely pleased with the company I went with, I would definitely recommend them.  After two hours of paddling my arms were extremely exhausted.


Later that week I went back to Big Kahuna Adventures Maui and rented a surfboard for a couple hours.  The waves weren't as good that day as the day of the lesson.  I'm not sure if it was because the lesson was in the morning, and I rented the surfboard in the afternoon, or if it was just an off day.  Despite the smaller frequency of waves I was able to start myself of paddling, and without any assistance I successfully surfed many waves.

1 comment:

  1. oh, how fun! i'm happy you got to do the number one thing on your list, that's amazing! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway -- Open internationally!

    ReplyDelete