Most people have heard of the Bucket List, a list of things you want to have achieved before you die. Well there's mine on the right side of the screen. I thought this blog would be a fun way to document each item as I accomplish it, and hear others opinion's on my Bucket List items. If anyone ever finds my little blog, feel free to leave comments, I'd love to hear from you. It would amaze me to have people decided to follow it!

Wednesday 18 April 2012

19. Go To Hawaii

So I have official been to Hawaii!  I went to Maui, one the many Hawaiian island, and stayed in an area of the island called South Kihei.  I had an absolutely amazing ten days, it was a great stress reliever from a busy school semester.  The island was beautiful with unique tropical plants, and warm beaches.  The ocean wasn't as warm as I had expected, though it was still very comfortable to swim in (for some reason I thought it would be warmer).  I stayed at a condo in the Castle Kamaole Sands Resort, I 100% recommend it, unless you spent in a much higher price range, I did not see a better resort.  It was easily in walking distance of the beach(which was a good beach for snorkelling and boogie boarding), the grounds were well taken care of, and it had a reasonably nice pool.  I am vague about specific things I did in Hawaii, because some are other bucket list items, in later posts I will go into more details.  Bellow is a photo of the view from my plane window as we circled, preparing to land in Hawaii.


Things I liked about Hawaii:

1.  Obviously the warm weather, it was in the high 20's for the whole trip.
2.  The beautiful ocean full of the unique ocean creatures.
3.  Unlike Caribbean Islands I've visited, Hawaii felt safer, not sure exactly why, possibly because it is an American state.  Anyway I felt perfectly comfortable walking down to the beach alone, with no fear of anything happening to me.
4.  The relaxed atmosphere.

2 comments: