Most people have heard of the Bucket List, a list of things you want to have achieved before you die. Well there's mine on the right side of the screen. I thought this blog would be a fun way to document each item as I accomplish it, and hear others opinion's on my Bucket List items. If anyone ever finds my little blog, feel free to leave comments, I'd love to hear from you. It would amaze me to have people decided to follow it!

Friday 2 March 2012

92. Throw A Euro In The Trevi Fountain In Rome

First of all there are a couple 'rules' with the famous Trevi Fountain, this is how the two hundred and fifty year old fountain works:

     1.  The first euro promises you to return to Rome.
     2.  The second euro gives you a wish.
     3.  A third euro ensures a happy marriage.
     4.  Throw coins over your shoulder with your back to the fountain.


I went on a bus tour around Rome at night, which was an amazing opportunity.  Well on the tour we stopped in a couple locations, one being the Trevi Fountain.  When I reached in my pocket I found that I only had one euro.  I probably could have asked a friend for another one, but I didn't really need a wish, and marriage is decades away so I didn't put in the effort to find a couple more euros.  As I prepared to turn around and throw my single coin, I thought about how though I did enjoy Rome, it wasn't the highlight of my trip.  I concluded that I would prefer to explore a new location opposed to returning to Rome.  I turned back around, and saw a couple bird sitting on one of the carved statues. With little thought I pulled my arm back, and put all my strength into throwing my coin at the birds.  I did not see where my euro landed, sadly it didn't hit the birds, but I am unsure whether it fell into the fountain.  If I ever find myself back in Rome I'll know the true fait of my coin.

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog today and really like the idea! Check out my blog at sara-renee@blogspot.com.

    I also have a suggestion! You should make the items that you've completed on the list to the right links to the blog posts about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the suggestion, how do I do that???? I'm looking on google trying to figure it out!

      I checked out your blog it looks pretty interesting so I followed it :)

      Delete
  2. i'm hoping that it did land in the water. :)

    i would looove to visit rome one day too, and i will keep these trevi fountain rules in mind. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rome was great, especially the shopping so I kinda hope I get to go back there too.

    Make sure you bring enough euros :)

    Jai

    ReplyDelete