Most people have heard of the Bucket List, a list of things you want to have achieved before you die. Well there's mine on the right side of the screen. I thought this blog would be a fun way to document each item as I accomplish it, and hear others opinion's on my Bucket List items. If anyone ever finds my little blog, feel free to leave comments, I'd love to hear from you. It would amaze me to have people decided to follow it!

Saturday 10 December 2011

55. Go Whale Watching

In grade eight I went on a school trip to the Gulf Island, which are along British Columbia's coast.  The highlight of the trip was meant to be sailing, but when we heard that a pod of Orca whales were in the area we dropped everything to go find them.  Our captain had connections with the captain of a whale sight seeing company, so quickly we found a large pod of whales called the 'J-pod' and followed them for the majority of the day.


The next day we found out about another Orca, T-14 a large male transient and went to find him.  T-14 was capture in 1976 along with five other Orcas to be put in captivity.  Because of public protest T-14 and his mother were released.  His mother later died so now he travel alone.  I was lucky to see T-14 and he is still spotted around Vancouver from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment