Most people have heard of the Bucket List, a list of things you want to have achieved before you die. Well there's mine on the right side of the screen. I thought this blog would be a fun way to document each item as I accomplish it, and hear others opinion's on my Bucket List items. If anyone ever finds my little blog, feel free to leave comments, I'd love to hear from you. It would amaze me to have people decided to follow it!

Saturday 21 July 2012

89. Explore A Castle

It's been a while since my castle exploring, but I got distracted, and never finished writing about my bucket list items I completed on my trip to Europe.  When in Italy I stopped at a smaller town called Assisi (this is also where I completed 7. Try Gelato).  I had no clue I would get to see a castle, or even get to go in one, it was a pleasant surprise.  My tour guide lead us on a short hike, which took no more then ten minutes to reach the castle.  There was a small fee to enter the castle, but it was definitely worth it.


After paying the fee my friends, and I went exploring.  I kept thinking how this would be the perfect place to play hide and seek.  There were passageways going every where connecting to smaller rooms, and towers. It was quite the workout going up the continuous spiral stair cases to get to the lookout towers, but the view from the tops was incredible.  One of the best parts was going through the small tunnel that connected the castle to another tower; they were dark, and while walking through them it was easy to forget the world that existed outside the castle walls. One day I would love to get the opportunity to visit another castle, probably in different european county.  It would be fun to explore it, and compare it to the castle in Assisi.

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't 89 include 91 as well :) and castles are so cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it seems I have a duplicate! Thanks :) Now I'll have to think of a different bucket list item to replace 91 with, any ideas?

      Delete